Intrapersonal communication skills create our quality of life. So what are your skills like?
Based on my presentation in People’s Square, Shanghai, 21 August 2007Â
What you focus upon you will tend to bring into your life, whether it’s what you want or what you don’t want. It’s sometimes called The Law of Attraction, The Secret and a bunch of other names, but ultimately it’s pretty simple: Focus on what you want.
The questions that you ask yourself shift your focus and are one of the main ways that we think deliberately about anything. If you ask yourself “why does this always happen to me?” you’ll get a very different answer to “how can I make this better?” So ask yourself the questions that you really want answered.
Let go of your handbrake and go for it. None of us get an ‘certificate of attendance’ for life, so embrace the moment and accept the gift of the precious present.
Really, there are only two types of problem: Either you know what you want and don’t know how to get it, or you don’t know what you want. And a lot of the time, the first problem type is actually the second type in disguise! So what do you really want?
And remember a few attributes of geniuses…
- It takes a decade to really get somewhere
- You have to go beyond knowledge towards making a unique contribution
- Postpone the need for closure and withstand conformance pressures
- Cultivate skills, processes and the motivation
- Focus your energy and effort
- Be motivated by Mastery, Entertainment, Exploration and Happiness, before than external rewards
You are talented and it’s just a little jump to lift yourself up to being a ‘genius’ – and that’s somewhere that I can help…