In reengineering an organisation, here are some of my thought processes:
- Identify stakeholders
- Identify stakeholders’ needs
- Distill into handful of key deliverables/ benefits
- Link benefits back to meeting structure, financial plans, education program and significant events
- Design “involvement experience” for an ‘ideal’ or ‘model’ new member, tracing their key benefits and the value placed upon these
Values in this process:
Ideas and strategies should be Mutual Exclusive and Collectively Exhaustive.
- Outcome focused
Focus attention on the desired benefits first, only referring to the existing conditions after the ideal has been identified.
- Manage risk deliberately
There are places of uncertainty and ambiguity, and circumstances that rely upon individual talent. Strive to build strength into the system, rather than relying upon brilliant individuals.
- Summarise, evaluate and operationalize the ideas generated
There are two causes of strategic failure: Poor strategy and poor execution…No matter how great the strategy, success relies upon excellence in execution.